I managed to predict ten of the top fifteen, with another two in my "bubble list" - not too bad. That's where my predicting skills ended though, with none of my top five favourites making the next cut. Sounds like a lot of people were quite surprised with the judges' choice of top five - leave a comment and let me know what you thought!
Miss Teen USA 2015 Katherine Haik (LA)
1RU Melanie Mitchell (CA)
2RU Jane Axhoj (NC)
3RU Hannah Faith Greene (TN)
4RU Sophie Baird (MA)
Semi-finalists: Taylor Ryan Elliott (AL), Neda Danilovic (AZ), Arynn Johnson (AR), Christina Stratton (MO), Geena Cardalena (NY), Cherokee Pearce (OK), Jasmine Daniels (PA), Wesley Mitchell (SC), Chloe Kembel (TX), Alex Marek (VT)
- Katherine's win comes 11 years after Shelley Hennig won Louisiana's first title.
- This is the second consecutive Miss Teen USA win for RPM Productions. All four of their titleholders (AL, LA, NC, SC) made the first cut, with NC placing second runner-up and Katherine winning.
- Louisiana is this year's most successful state with a Miss Teen USA win and a top 10 placement at Miss USA.
- California made the top five for the third consecutive year. This is their second 1st runner-up placement in the history of Miss Teen USA.
- North Carolina made the top five for the first time since Jane Axhoj's "big sister" Julia Dalton also placed 2RU in 2008.
- Massachusetts placed twice consecutively for the first time since the early 1990s. This is their first top five placement since Jackie Bruno in 2003.
- Tennessee made the top five for the first time since Stormi Henley's win in 2009.
- South Carolina placed for the fifth consecutive year and Alabama placed for the fourth consecutive year - in both states, between both Miss & Teen eight of their last nine titleholders have now placed.
- Arizona, Oklahoma and Texas placed at both Miss USA & Teen USA for the second consecutive year. This was the first time ever that Arizona has placed back to back; Texas last had consecutive placements in 2003/4.
- Missouri won Miss Photogenic for the second time. Their first win was in 1993.
- Geena Cardalena is the third New York Teen to place in the past four years - all three were Miss Long Island Teen local titleholders!
- Vermont placed for the first time since 1993; this was only their third placement ever. I think you might have heard my scream in the Bahamas! (although I would have put her in the top five... anyone else?)
- West Virginia's string of four consecutive placements has come to an end, but Cora King did win their first ever Congeniality award.
Notice anything that I've missed? Leave a comment!